I'm feeling Christmassy today. It might have something to do with the reall rubbish weather we're having at the minute. It's really cold today.
I like this Forever Friends image and rather than layer everything up on my card I have designed it all as a flat layer on the computer and then printed it off. This will help reduce postage costs at Christmas.
Sorry about no post yesterday. I went to get out of bed and my back just 'popped'. I couldn't straighten or bend, I just stood stooped over. Many painkillers later I could walk a bit but nothing else. This card I'm going to show you comes courtesy of NUROFEN. Hahahaha.
I used some images and paper from a docrafts CD rom I had. I also used some gold mirri card to layer it on to. See you tomorrow.
I thought I would try something a little bit different. I always like to try new styles and each one is my new favourite for a while, so guess what?
I have used a foiled card blank to start with. I have also used a doily which I edged with a soft gold chalk. The topper and frame came from a kit I bought a while ago. I finished it off with some card candi
I like the doily. It came from a set of 74 in 3 different sizes I found in Poundland. Bargain!
I used a topper from a Seraphina CD and mounted it onto some pale blue glitter card. The sentiment has been printed from the PC. The ribbon was white but I coloured it with a purple ProMarker. I added a bow from the same coloured ribbon.
This was a little topper I found lying at the bottom of a drawer and I decided to use it as the focal point on a monochrome card. The black spotty paper is a free paper I found online. The black and white strips are just scraps I had lying about.
The flower has been embossed using a Crafter's Companion embossing board and then highlighted with a gem.
To make this card I used an Onion the Elephant image from docrafts. I have layered the backing papers on to some silver mirri board. I also used some pale blue glitter card as the first mat. You need to remember that when sticking to glitter card some adhesive won't work. I always use Pinflair Glue Gel.
These flowers I found at the bottom of my embellishments so I 'plumped' the up and used them with a couple of flower headed pins to finish the look
I have a couple of commission Thank You cards to make for a colleague at work. This is one of them
Again I have tried to keep the card quite simple but striking. The frame is cut using the cuttlebug and nestabilities Labels 3. The flower is cut from a Marianne die and then layered up using PVA glue. The leaves were mage using a small woodware punch.
The gems were originally clear but I coloured them using peel off markers. This is such a good idea as you only need to buy clear gems and yet they will always match your project. I just love these little flowers - again you can cut them from any colour paper.
For this card I have stayed with the Less is More concept. I have used a Marianne Butterfly die and then I have stencilled through it with lilac chalk. I have the lifted the wings.
I have used a large gem ( which I coloured using peel off markers ) and four smaller gems to highlight the body of the butterfly. The peel off is one from Little claire in silver which i have coloured with the same colour peel off marker.
I like the way the chalk just gently highlights the butterfly image.
Another challenge from the Less is More team. This week its white on white. YIKES!!!!!!!.
I started by cutting a frame using my cuttle bug with nestabilities label 3. The flower I made using a Crafters Companion embossing board. I embossed two different sizes of the flower, shaped the petals slightly and layered up using pinflair glue gel. I couldn't resist the clear gem in the centre of the flower.
I'm not sure what occasion I would use this card for but I'm pleased with the end result.